Corporate Social Responsibility
BGGTS embraces opportunities to fulfill its corporate social responsibilities in a meaningful way by proactively reaching out to the society, create an impact by bringing about positive social, environmental changes and ensuring efforts towards sustaining these initiatives to foster healthy relationships with its social environment. BGGTS has devoted its focus to the following social imperatives as part of its CSR initiatives.
- Eradicating hunger, poverty and malnutrition, promoting preventive health care and sanitation and making available safe drinking water
- Promoting education, including special education and employment enhancing vocation skills especially among children, women, elderly, the differently abled and livelihood enhancement projects
- Promoting gender equality, empowering women, setting up homes and hostels for women and orphans; setting up old age homes, day care centers and such other facilities for senior citizens and measures for reducing inequalities faced by socially and economically backward groups
- Ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora and fauna, animal welfare, agroforestry, conservation of natural resources and maintaining quality of soil, air and water
- Contribution to the Prime Minister's National Relief Fund or any other fund set up by the Central Government for socio-economic development and relief and welfare of the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, other backward classes, minorities and women.
- Rural development projects